Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tiny Human Dedicated

Last Sunday, following the completion of my son's adoption, I dedicated him to God in my church. Though I was glad the adoption was finally complete, dedicating him in the presence of my friends and family held greater significance to me. 

I chose to name my son Samuel Moses, because Samuel is the first known biblical account of a mother dedicating her son to God and Moses was the first recorded adoption. 


Samuel 1:27 - For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. The Hebrew translation for the name Samuel means, "God has heard." 


Exodus 2:10- When the child grew up she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. She named him Moses, "Because," she said, "I drew him up out of the water." The Hebrew translation of the name Moses means, "To draw out of the water." 


God allowed me to draw Samuel Moses out of a broken home and give him a life where he could come into a knowledge of his Savior. Being entrusted with the life of a tiny human is the most amazing gift and the greatest responsibility. I pray daily for the wisdom to know how to teach my son that Jesus is the lover of his soul. 



Psalm 18: 16-19 -

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
He rescued me because he delighted in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment